November 29, 2011

Tom- Evaluation

For this project I think i chose a lot of similar images, from similar photographers. Because of this I found it really hard to try and recreate the images so they look like the photographer's work, but not too similar to the other images I had taken. Because of this I focused less on what the images consisted of, because I cannot recreate a civil war, and more on how the age of the camera affected the image. Using a digital camera, I found it quite hard to create the aged look on my images, mainly because the natural grainy effect, even with photoshop, didn't look as old as I would've liked them to. I liked the look of the older grainy pictures, and as well as the white vignette effect the older photographer got. The most recent photographer was pretty easy to recreate, because it was just of everyday images and in black and white. All but one of my researched photographers were found in a book called '50 Great Photographers You Should Know.' When i was reading the book, August Sanders and Mathew Brady, really stood out to me, because they were documenting real people that were not always focused on. Zed Nelson also stood out to me, because he was photographing the normal but shocking. I really liked his style of picture, as it was simple but effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment