November 21, 2011

Tom- Artist recreations

Zed Nelson Recreation:

I tried to use the same photo effects as Zed's photos, even though my images have nothing to do with his images. I did this through photoshop by changing the image to black and white, then I adjusted the curves to brighten the image and focus on the main subject in the image. Both images are not staged and have a very on the spot feel to them. There isn't a lot of difference to the way the photos were were taken, eg. both in black and white with very little editing.






August Sanders Recreation:

I tried to use a lot of  August Sanders techniques, I used the rule of thirds to focus on one subject. I then edited the photo on photoshop, making it look older. I added noise then made the image black and white and I think they came out rather well.  The main difference between mine and August Sander's images are that mine are less direct. I think the effects of the images are really similar, they are both fairly grainy and in black and white.





Mathew Brady Recreation:

This photographer was the hardest to recreate, mainly because it was really hard to get the really old photo look to it. I started off by putting the pictures in black and white, i then added some noise. Lastly i added a white vignette effect around the very edges. I don't think my images are as similar as my other studies, it was really hard to create the same look as Mathew Brady as his images are a bit older than other other photographers i studied.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment