November 01, 2011

Task 4 inc task 6

These images were the best ones from a bunch of street photography. I took a lot of them at night, because I thought it would give a more striking look to the photos. I took most of the images wondering around Yeadon town, i like Yeadon because there is a lot of variety, there are grassed areas with nature, old and new buildings and a lot of interesting people. I think the pictures turned out really well after Photoshopping  them.


This image was taken in macro during the night. I love how it turned out because there was a street lamp above me, and it gave the stone a really contrasted look. I think the image is fairly pleasing to the eye, even though its a simple image it has a lot of the detail and the wholes and cracks in the stone give it a demented look. This image took a lot of photoshopping, mainly because the scene was really dark and it was hard to change it so that it looked cool but wasn't under exposed. I think if I'd had a bright torch it would've made a big difference, because i could've given the image a shadowed look but also it would've been light enough to not have to photoshop it.  


This is an image of the Yeadon town hall. I really like the architecture of this building, while taking the photos i realized how much shadow there was on the door once the Halloween lights had been put up. I think this is an aesthetically pleasing image because of the way the hand rail leads you into the picture. I tried to take this picture in macro and I think it came out well.



I took this image with a shutter speed of 8 seconds. As i took the image a bus drove past which looked really cool because of how tall it was. I then upped the contrast so you could just see the street but dark enough to focus on the lights. I really like this image and i wish my camera had a longer shutter speed because it would've looked better with cars coming the other way.



This picture, and the picture below, was taken on the London underground while I was there during half term. I wish i could've got more images while I was down there but my batteries ran out. I need to start carrying spares. I think the effect I've put on this image as well as the shapes in it have created a really aesthetically pleasing image. The curves combined with the one patch of colour really emphasize the lonely singer, making sure he's the focus of the image.




This iron fence has created a really cool effect, especially because of the shadow that the street lights have created. I like how the black iron stands out against the background. This image was taken in macro as well, and it looks a lot better than if all the image was in focus. It was rather hard to get the image i wanted due to the fact that the fence was a lot taller than me. I could've probably used more light in this image, and if I had to change one thing, it would be the light.  


These stairs are round the corner from my pub, and lead up to a field. I really love this image, i didn't edit it much on photoshop, other than making it black and white, mainly because the light from the street behind me was pretty  much perfect for the shot. I love how well the shadows on the stairs came out, because they aren't too dark but they are there, it makes the picture look really creepy but interesting.


I walked past this guy while i was out one night, he had fallen asleep on the bench. It looks really cool and i had to use flash to make sure i got all the detail.



No comments:

Post a Comment