October 18, 2011

Tom's Evaluation ^-^

In Tom's lessons we have covered a range of skills, including: macro/aperture, shutter speeds and street photography. In my opinion it all went rather well, however I did have a bit of trouble with my camera when we were doing the aperture work. My camera only has 2 f.stop settings and it was hard to see the difference between the 3.1 and 8.1 settings. Other than that i found all of it fairly good. The shutter speeds were hard to sort out though, because we had to change the ISO every time we changed the shutter speed slightly. The light painting was really fun and quite easy to do, again I had to keep adjusting the exposure and the ISO to get the shots I wanted. I really enjoyed the macro work and didn't really have any problems with it. Its really easy to apply all these techniques to photography, for example adjusting shutter speeds would give the same shot a completely different effect. Like a horse race for example, a slow shutter speed would blur the horse and rider giving a motion effect, whereas a fast shutter speed will freeze it, making it perfectly clear. Macro would be very good for studio photography for example separating a model's face from the backdrop. Light painting can also be used in a studio to add to a picture- make it look less plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment