October 11, 2011

:3

I'm really enjoying the course at the minute- and I'm really glad i switched from sixth form now. I started it- but they had very limited techniques and equipment. I decided that Park Lane would be a better choice, and since I wanna work as a professional studio photographer- learning studio and lighting techniques are a kind of need to know skill. I wanted to learn all about photography and the course at Park Lane was a more intensive course. 
I took art and textiles  as a GCSE, mainly because the arts side of work has always seemed like a more interesting, worth while type of job. I got a high B in art, even though i was ill rather a lot and missed a bit of work. If I'd finished all my work i would've got an A or higher.
I really enjoyed what we've been doing recently and i love coming to college because it means I get to do something i really love every minute of everyday. I got a Fujifilm S3300 a few weeks ago, and i love it. I try to take it everywhere with me. I love photographing people, and capturing their expressions. Living in a Pub its fairly easy when your around people all the time. I also enjoy photographing animals, like my old horses or my pets. I love the darker side of images as well- like derelict buildings and dead plants. They often give the image more of an impact, and I'm kind of fascinated by the dark side of people and life. 
The things i have enjoyed most recently is the architecture work with Tim, the macro work with Tom and the studio work we've done with Dervin. I cant wait till we start longer projects though, it takes me a while to concentrate on things which is why i prefer to blog and photoshop at home. Am really loving the course though! 
Here are some of my own pictures from before I got my new camera.

This picture i took at the beginning of summer- i love the amount of colour there is in the sky



This it took while out with a friend, and i love the way the colours seem to get darker the further away they are. Its such a peaceful picture as well.





I love the three different expressions in this picture. It was just a random picture i took of a customer- but the look on his and another costomer's faces makes it fairly cool.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment